Sunday, March 23, 2014

fez :: (im)pression

"My friend! You want to get high? Really, no? Okay okay, I don't push like Bush".

fez medina is labyrinthine and intense. the call to prayer here is haunting and arresting - the whole medina from hill to valley fills with a ghostly but commanding wail. i've been offered hash, beer, massage about 200 times in three days. i can't take a walk without attracting a "guide" that follows me home, sometimes helps me through the maze, sometimes seeming to want to get me more confused to possibly pick my pockets, but there are usually just enough "eyes on the street" to spot this and call it out. the scams are infinite, but so far harmless and even amusing.

roofscapes [fez el-bali]


cityscape [fez el-bali]

roofscape [marrakech]

No comments:

Post a Comment